- A stone built house located in the North Yorkshire village of Ugthorpe
- A very spacious and well-proportioned house
- Views across the surrounding moors
- Generous outside space
- PLEASE NOTE *The house is subject to National Park Occupancy Restrictions*
Hendersons introduce Birch Cottage, a stone built house located in the North Yorkshire village of Ugthorpe.
Built by the current owners to a high specification, this very spacious and well-proportioned house with views across the surrounding moors, generous outside space and a garage is a fantastic modern family home.
The accommodation is over three floors, the ground floor comprises a front facing lounge with feature log burning stove, a cloakroom with w.c and an open plan kitchen/diner. Up the stairs are three double bedrooms and a house bathroom made up of a bath with overhead shower, W.C and hand basin. The master bedroom also has its own ensuite shower room. The fourth bedroom is built in to the apex of the roof on the second floor.
Externally, gardens sit to both the front and rear of the property and are mainly laid to lawn with some paved patio areas and pathways. The garage sits at the end of the shared driveway to the rear. Birch Cottage is fuelled by Oil central heating and is double glazed throughout.
PLEASE NOTE *The house is subject to National Park Occupancy Restrictions* Call Hendersons without delay to arrange a viewing of this wonderful family home in a sought after location. Found in the picturesque village of Ugthorpe, just a short drive away from the coast and just 8 miles from Whitby. With a popular pub and plentiful scenic walks, the location is truly perfect for countryside and seaside lovers.
Offered to the market chain free, for further inspection please call Hendersons the sole agents today!
North York Moor National Park Occupancy Rules
The occupation of the dwellings shall be limited to:
(a) A qualifying person; and
(b) A wife or husband (or person living as such), licence, dependant or sub-tenant of a qualifying person
For the purpose of the above, a person is qualifying person in relation to the dwellings if he has an interest in the dwelling (see Note A) and, immediately prior to occupying the dwelling, he satisfied the local planning authority that he was in need of affordable housing in terms of the criteria set out in Policy H2 of the adopted North York Moors Local Plan, namely that he:
1. has been permanently resident within the National Park (see Note B) for at least 3 years and needs separate or different living accommodation e.g people forming a household for the first time, leaving tied accommodation on retirement, currently living in accommodation which is overcrowded or otherwise unsatisfactory; OR
2. while not now resident within the parish, has either long standing links with the local community, which must include a previous period of residence of 3 years or more, or an essential need arising from the age or infirmity to move to a village near relatives who have been permanently resident within the National Park for the previous 3 years: OR
. has an essential need to live close to his work in the parish or adjoining parishes within the National Park which may include people with the offer of a job with the parish who cannot take up the offer because of lack of affordable housing and has obtained confirmation in writing from the authority that they were satisfied.
For the purpose of the above, a person has an interest in the dwelling if he had s freehold or leasehold interest in the whole or any part of it, or is a secure tenant or statuary tenant within the meaning of the Housing Act 1985 or the Rent Act 1977
For the purpose of the above, resident within the National Park will include the whole of the parishes, split by the National Park boundary with the exception of the following 'urban? parishes where the main town or village is outside the National Park: Pickering, Kirkbymoorside, Great and Little Broughton, Great Ayton, Newby and Scalby.
For Further information regarding the Occupancy Restrictions, please contact:
North York Moors National Park
Planning Authority, The Old Vicarage, Bondgate, Helmsley, YO62 5BP