- A beautifully presented two bed cottage
- Found on historic Henrietta Street at the base of the 199 steps
- Grade II Listed
- Holiday letting investment
- Modern fixtures and fittings
Henderson introduce Henrietta Cottage, a beautifully presented two bed cottage found on the historic cottage lined street of Henrietta Street.
Sat at the base of the 199 steps leading to the Abbey, this Grade II listed fisherman’s cottage is offered to the market as a holiday let with on-going bookings and contents negotiable or as permanent residence.
Accessed via a passageway and small private yard, once inside, the accommodation is deceivingly spacious. There are many Georgian character features including sash windows and ceiling beams that have been sympathetically renovated and combined with modern amenities. The layout is over three floors, an open plan lounge/kitchen/diner to the ground floor, a bedroom and bathroom to the first floor and a twin bedroom to the second. The kitchen is fully equipped with white shaker style cabinetry and a range of integrated appliances.
The lounge/diner features an open living flame gas fire surrounded by an exposed brick chimney breast.
The contemporary bathroom is made up of a bath with overhead rainfall shower, w.c and hand basin. The first bedroom has ample space for a double bed and sits at the front of the cottage overlooking the cobbled row. The second bedroom is a twin room and looks towards the St Marys Church perched on the top of the East Cliff.
This location is truly idyllic with the famous 'Fortunes Kipper House', and a pathway leading down to 'Tate Hill Beach', at one end and popular Church Street, with its many shops, galleries, and restaurants, at the other end of the street.
Viewing is a must to appreciate all that this cosy, quirky cottage has to offer.
Regarding the lease on this property: It is an "ancient leasehold" that is not uncommon. A lot of properties in the oldest parts of Whitby and some of the outlying villages, fall under this title. They were 1000 yr leases granted around the 1600/1700's and are usually referred to as a "Cholmley Lease".